Call Today for Low Cost Austin Jail Release: 512-599-9000
The first step after a DWI arrest is getting out of jail. We expedite your friend or loved one being released from jail.
ANY AUSTIN DWI JAIL RELEASE FEE PAID TO OUR FIRM IS APPLIED TOWARD THE REPRESENTATION.
Once we secure your Austin DWI Jail Release, any fee that was paid to our firm to secure your release is applied toward your initial retainer payment.
What are the steps in an Austin Jail Release:
- The judge will set the bond amount,
- Pretrial Investigations will gather the arrestees information, conduct a background check, and call references,
- The Judge reviews the bond application and approves or denies it,
- The approved bond is delivered to the jail for processing, and
- Your friend or loved one is released, usually within 2-4 hours of the jail receiving the bond.
How do we expedite an Austin Jail Release?
- We go to pretrial investigations and obtain a bond package to interview the arrested individual. This allows us to interview the arrestee to gather the information needed for the background check.
- We take the package directly to pretrial services and wait while the background check is conducted. Once the background check is conducted, Pretrial Investigations will either recommend approving or denying the bond.
- As soon as pretrial services gives their recommendation, we take it to the duty magistrate for approval. Although pretrial investigation may recommend denying the bond, the judge will often approve it with an attorney walking the bond through for the arrestee.
- Once approved we return the bond to pretrial services to prepare a package for delivery for the jail.
- Then we walk the bond to the Jail for processing.
Without an attorney expediting the bond, it often takes significantly longer for your friend or loved one to get released from jail. Once the magistrate sets the bond, typically between 7 am and 1 am, we can usually walk the bond through the above process and deliver it to the jail within 2 hours.
- Can I look online and see the bond amount?
Yes. Once the bond is set you can see the pending charges and the amount of the bond with a Travis County Inmate Search.
- How much do I have to pay for the bond?
The charge for us expediting a bond on an Austin DWI Jail Release is typically $500 per bond. This charge is applied toward the initial retainer payment to secure our services. Additionally, the county charges a minimal fee for bond processing that is due after release.
- How do I pay for the jail release?
The fee for a jail release can be paid through this Make a Payment link.
Jail Release Austin
Proven Defense by a Former Law Enforcement Officer
Many people who are charged with an Austin DWI just assume there is no way to fight it. They think the best they can hope for is a smaller fine or a reduction in the amount of time they lose their license. We focus on defending anyone accused of a DWI. With the right legal counsel, there are other outcomes. Depending on the facts of the case, what if…
- Instead of months of suspension, you don’t lose your license at all?
- Instead of making a deal for probation, you never get convicted?
- Instead of having a DWI conviction, your record stays clean?
- Instead of cutting bad deals, you get a vigorous DWI defense?
While every case depends on the facts and circumstances at play, mounting an aggressive defense to DWI charges may be your best option. The Austin Criminal Defense attorneys at Stephen T Bowling, P.C., handle all drunk driving cases, defending clients in both the criminal proceedings and driver’s license hearings.
Don’t trust just anyone with your DWI defense. Contact the law firm of Stephen T Bowling, PC, by e-mail or call us at 512-599-9000 to schedule your free consultation with an Austin DWI lawyer to discover some strategies we pursue in defending Austin Driving While Intoxicated cases.
We offer payment plans and accept major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.